Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fall Colors

I decided to participate in the Belli Challenge this week where the theme is Fall or Halloween. And I used Kazan's Sketch #35 from 2 Sketches 4 You. If you get a chance, head on over to both of those blogs - they are offering some fantastic prizes this week!

Here is the sketch:
And here is my entry:

This card actually came together pretty quickly. I cut all of the images on my Cricut - the leaves are from the Doodletype cartridge, and the tree is from Stretch Your Imagination.

I embossed the background using the Cuttlebug Leafy Branch Embossing Folder. I printed the sentiment on my computer using Bradley Hand ITC font.

I used some foam stickers to mount the leaves for some added dimension. Finally I put some little gems in the tree, because I just gotta have bling!

Thanks for Looking!

{Autumn Details}
Cardstick: Bazzill Basics and DCWV
Embossing: Cuttlebug Leafy Branch embossing folder
Leaves cut with Cricut Doodletype cartridge
Tree cut with Cricut Stretch Your Imagination cartridge
Misc: gems, grosgrain ribbon

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job. I'm starting to make some fall themed cards and I may have to scraplift :)

MommyMichelle

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! I like the tone-on-tone cuts!

Debbie said...

Love your card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Belli Challenge Blog!

cnelson said...

gorgeous card! the quote is perfect with it!

Jo Nevill said...

Wow, I seem to have missed a lot in your World Deanne ! All your cards are absolutely stunning and I spy a few stamped images in there too !!!

Absolutely adore your Autumnal card, love the tree and the leaves. They are all stunning.

Have a great weekend,

Hugs,

Jo x

Unknown said...

stunning work! LOVE those leaves :)
Thanks for playing
:) kazan

thescrapmaster said...

Wow your leaves are amazing!
Hugs,
Samantha
SP Color Combos Creator -Come Play at SPCC!
http://spcolorcombos.blogspot.com

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Beautiful Fall card - love all the die cuts and the sentiment is perfect for it! Great job! Thanks for playing along with us on the Belli Challenge this week!

Holly said...

Wow, this is awesome!!!!! I love the tree and the leaves and the little bling on the tree. Great way to use the Cricut!!! I'm so glad you played in our Belli Challenge!

Joan Ervin said...

What a gorgeous fall card....Your eye for design and color is amazing!!!! I agree with you about the bling...love it!!! Thanks for joining us in the Belli challenge this week!!!!