Monday, September 28, 2009

If Cupcakes Grew on Trees...

I set my own personal record today - 8 challenges with 1 card:


Challenges:
Pile It On: Let Them Eat Cake
Pink Elephant: Something with Dots, Punch, and Tag
Whimsy Stamps: The Eyes Have It - use eyelets
Pollycraft Challenge: Pick 2 of the following - Snowflakes, Sparkle, Spots, Stripes, Swirls
2 Sketches 4 You: Sketch to the right
Just Buggin: Use any die cut, but alter it
Practical Scrappers: Use any die cut
One Stop Craft Challenge: Use any die cut


I embossed the background with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder, and randomly added pink stickles to some of the dots for some sparkle.

The tree was cut from the Cricut Stretch Your Imagination cartridge, and the swirly pattern embossed in the top of the tree was from with the Cuttlebug Victoria folder.

The cupcakes were from the Cricut Doodlecharms cartridge. Of course I had to add some bling with the little gems on the cupcakes.

I used 3 different punches for the layered edging. The dark pink was actually a corner punch that I turned . The light pink in the middle was cut with a Fiskars punch (not sure of the name). The bottom edging was made with the Martha Stewart lace punch.

I cut the tag for the sentiment with the Cricut George cartridge. Then I added an eyelet so that I could tie the tag to the tree with some pink hemp cord. I added some pink glass beads to the cord just for an extra little detail.

At the top I used 2 large eyelets and tied a knot with pink grosgrain ribbon. I also decided to make the entire card shaped like a big tag - I love how that looks!

Thanks so Much for Looking!

{If Cupcakes Details}
cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Tree cut from Cricut Stretch Your Imagination
Cupcakes cut from Cricut Doodlecharms
Small tag cut from Cricut George cartridge
Background embossed with Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder
Tree embossed with Cuttlebug Victoria folder
Sentiment printed using Cheri font
Punches: Martha Stewart lace edge punch, Fiskars edge punch
Misc: eyelets, grosgrain ribbon, multi-colored pink ribbon, gems

18 comments:

cnelson said...

ohhhhhh my!!! I do believe this is the cutest card I have EVER seen!! love, love, LOOOOOOOOOVE it!!!

Jenny said...

This is fabulous! I can't believe how many challenges this worked for!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!!! Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! I'll have to agree with Cheryl!!! The cutest!!!

Christine said...

As soon as I saw this I thought of pile it on! I am glad you made it work for us at Practical Scrappers too!

Paula said...

Fabulous card!! I love the beads and gems!!
thanks for joining us at pollycraft!!
Paula xx

Unknown said...

wow i love this card!!! its fantatsic. 8 in one card!!!
thanks for joing us at pollycrafts
good luck
love emma xxx

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

WOW - You have got some major talent!! Simple an AWESOME CARD!!!

Unknown said...

A lovely card!

Annie said...

woweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 8 challenges and a totally awesome card. I love it - love the sentiment and all the elements on it. It's just scrummy.

Ann xxx
TPE

Jamie Lane Designs said...

This is terrific! And wouldn't the world be a happier place if we could just go pick a cupcake at any time! :D Really adorable!

Thanks so much for joining us at Practical Scrappers!

Sue said...

oh wow this card is fabulous,i love it:)

thanks for joining us at pollycraft:)

sue
xx

~Denise Lynn~ said...

How cute! It's a good thing for me they don't grow on trees or I'd be in trouble! LOL! Love the shape and the fun aspects of this card! Great details too. Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsy! :)

Allison said...

fab card, wish i had a cupcake tree in my garden!
AllisoNX

Brenda Muench said...

I really like the layered pink lacey look in the background. Beautiful!

kim.mom said...

What a great card! Love it!

Unknown said...

WOW! 8 Challenges in one - unbelievable. Congrats on rocking them all
:) Kazan

Maria said...

So cupcake sweet! Great how you combine so many challenges.

Sheri Gilson said...

Adorable!! Love the cupcake tree!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant this week!!

Sheri