Friday, September 25, 2009

Special card for a friend

Well the theme over at 365 cards, day 209 happens to be "It's a Jungle Out There." However, I really needed a Bear card. Do bears live in the jungle? I am thinking they don't, but my 8-year old has already gone to bed, so I can't ask him.

Anyway, here is my bear card:
I stamped the background with a leaf stamp using clear embossing ink. Then I heated with clear embossing powder. That makes a nice shiny pattern on the back.

I had to get a Moon and a Bear on this card. I know there is one person that checks my blog who will know who this card is for (wink! Please don't tell him - I will give it to him on Monday).

I used the Cricut Camp Out cartridge for the moon and bear cuts. The frame is from Storybook.

Then I strung some cord with glass beads. On the inside, I made up this long poem about the moon and bears, and I got some funny little rhymes in there. I am including a picture of the inside with the poem. I know it is corny, but there are a bunch of inside jokes all through this poem. The recipient will get a chuckle. You can click on the picture below to see a larger view of the poem (and I use that term very loosely - LOL!)

Thanks for Looking!

2 comments:

Rose said...

i say you can have any animal living in your jungle that you want! lol but i'm a rebel :0) fantastic card !!

mueppi said...

What a wonderful card with great details!
I love it!
Hugs Gisela